Tuesday 6 May 2014

Last Leg

So, one week off, one week not as much work as I was hoping and then back at uni. Tech is done, essay is done and my IDR first draft is done. It's slowly coming together.

This week has mainly been focused on my drawings and their presentation. As I mentioned previously, I was told to find a style to replicate and although I've decided to ditch the Wainwright idea (it just wasn't really going to work) I have been working on my Frank Lloyd Wright styled images. The downside is that they are taking a very long time - having to trace the drawings in photoshop and then colour and add texture. I've almost finished them now but still have some context to add to the elevations and some finishing touches to add to the long section. After that it's just arranging them on the pages, again in the style of Wright. 

To help me, I got a couple (well, more like a small pile) of books out of the library. These are just filled with his drawings. I could easily just look at them all day. The drawings are so intricate and its even more amazing when you consider that he didn't have a computer to help him, let alone Google SketchUp or AutoCAD.

While my housing drawings are practically finished (until Thursday anyway), I can't really complete the presentation sheets for the centre until I have my 3D perspectives. So that's next on the agenda. The plan is to get these more or less done for Thursday - my penultimate studio day.

No comments:

Post a Comment