Saturday 16 November 2013

Programme

After creating an outline of my programme, I began to look at the different spaces in relation to each other and to the community. While some of the spaces would be outward facing and accessible to users within Cheetham Hill, there would also be spaces only for the demographic of my building. 

I also looked closer at how a room would be used at different times of the day for different activities. I created plans using muf as an example from their book, This Is What We Do. I ended up focusing on the layouts of a coffee group in the morning, an after school club in the afternoon and a handicraft group in the evening. It was interesting when I overlapped them and was able to see how much of the room is used and which areas are used more than others. However, I feel that I will benefit more from the study when I develop my programme further and have a clear idea of exactly what goes on in each room. I think that using these plans (and sections) will be able to help me design the spaces within my buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment