Friday 22 November 2013

Final Crit 1

Yesterday was the final crit for this first part of the project. As it was cross atelier, we were split up and grouped with one of the other ateliers, Altering Architecture for Climate Change. It was interesting to see what the other groups were doing (if only to remember that there were other projects outside of ours!)

Overall, (despite technology messing around as per usual) I think it went as I expected. I felt that I had done a lot in the past week and actually sorted my ideas out into some form of programme ready to take to the next level. I did feel that I had one gap in my argument which was about my target audience and who exactly I was designing for and what exactly they needed and why. This was pointed out and is something that I am going to be addressing in the next couple of weeks. I need to start talking to the community and the actual people that would be using my building. At the moment this sounds like a lot of work to do and really quite daunting but I know there are a couple of other people in my atelier focusing on women so maybe we can organise something together and help each other out. 

Once I know who and what and why, I can then begin to start designing and arranging my design spatially. I feel like it my project is beginning to come together but once I work on those three questions, it really will come together. Looking forward to it.

I also need to start to look at housing. I keep forgetting about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment