Friday 28 March 2014

Outside my Comfort Zone

After my tutorial yesterday, I have taken my tutors advice to go a little bit crazy with my roof. Last week I had been using physical models but Sketch up has been more useful this time around as I can easily and quickly manipulate the shapes.

I usually go for the more subtle (and I guess, fairly boring - which is where my problem was) design but this has really pushed me away from that and I've started playing around with forms that I would normally keep away from. But I kinda like where it's taking me and it really makes sense to have this disordered roof line which is in complete contrast to the formal style of the existing facade.





By playing around with the roof and, as my tutor described it, being more playful, it's started to influence the way my building interacts with the existing facade and how much of it I actually keep. Very slowly, I am loosing more and more of it, which is something I definitely didn't want to be doing a couple of months ago, but it actually seems to be the right thing to be doing, especially if I am going to keep down this route. 

I'm really curious to see where it's going to go next.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment