Saturday 12 October 2013

Reading

After studio this week, we were given some readings to have a look at within our groups. These were to get us thinking about how we would approach our manifesto and look at the areas within Cheetham Hill.

We agreed to spend the evening reading and then meet up on Friday to discuss and swap ideas. This didn't exactly go to plan but we also met up on Saturday to continue discussions and make a plan for the week ahead.

My reading was the introduction from Altering Practices, a collection of essays by female architects. One particular sentence caught my eye and led me to then go on to read the rest of that essay:


"Urban designers could act as 'curators', as creators of meaning through unusual and unexpected connections, rather than 'planners' who impose their patronising meaning on space"

I think that this is something that I am going to try and take forward in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment